- Ancestral Lineage
- Noble Status (Varies) - You have ascribe or acheived noble status. One point is the child of nobility, two points is knight, three is baron, four is count/comte, five is duke.
- Clan Status
- Clan Membership
- Aetherical Awareness - This is the key element to any use of magical abilities. It differentiates a practitioner from a scholar. The number of dots indicates the practioner’s potential, not prowess, but can be increased.
- Magical Training - This merit represents training or skill in the practice of a particular magical art, such as Chlendi conjuration, tradition Maetah Precepts of Sorcery, or speculative alchemy. The number of dots indicates the practioner’s prowess and can be increased.
- Incantations (Varies)- Spells and other effects that can performed instantaneously, or in a few minutes with little preparation (as opposed to rituals). Incantations subject the caster to drain, though this can be mitigated by the use of fetishes and other material components.
- Rituals (Varies)- Indepth magical acts that take anywhere from minutes to days to perform. Usually involve multiple practitioners, extensive material components, sacrifices, and a proper alignment of astrological or geological elements. Rituals allow more extensive for powerful effects than incantations, with relatively limited drain upon the primary practioner.
- Armour Training(2) - This merit represents training in the use of heavy or military armour. The defense penalties when using these armours is one less.
- Fencing - This merit represents training in the use of fencing weapons (Fading Suns).
- Fighting Style: Fencing(1-4) - This merit represents training in the use of fencing weapons.
- Fighting Style: Staff Fighting(1-3) - This merit represents training in the use of staves.