Currency & Coinage
A few words on currency in Northern Rhiat:
Controlled chaos. Between crumbling socieities, conquests, and trade wars, few nations have remained resolute long enough to maintain stable internationally recognized currencies.
- Argaevaligne Silver Crown - round coin, with the visage of the “King” on one side, and a knight superimposed on the sigil of the Church of Thedine on the other. Accepted in most northern towns. Gold trade bars and copper “bits” are also minted.
- Posi - common coin of the Eschlatli Empire. Still minted in Vensat. Gold, octoganal shape. Heads is a crown, tails is an image of Emperor’s tower.
- Asklor Silver Weight - massive silver trade bar used since the first Chlendi cities were built.
- Ghikarn’gai - silver “horns” and copper “eyes”, pierced round coins, usually carried on cords.
Other older coins:
- dhimuth: platinum, visage of Emperor Robasque
- miith: silver; picture of King Muround (heads)i, temple of Palaquain (tails).
- astnul: gold, light of Palaquain (heads), Emperor’s palace (tails).
*apselt: copper, “apple”; geometric designs, no pictures